Last week I was in just a wretchedly terrible mood. It took me over an hour to drive home from class & I was just starving, stressed, and being stupid for no reason. Anyways, as I was sitting in my car at a dead stop on I-75, my aunt called me and asked if I wanted to come over for dinner. Having my crabby pants on, I initially declined. I called her back two minutes later and told her I’d be there as soon as I could. I figured that my mood wasn’t going to get any worse and being around my little cousins would brighten up my day a bit. Well- my plan worked, my day turned around, and everyone lived happily ever after.
OK kidding, but the point of my story is that being around kids always makes me happy. Maybe it’s their care-free attitude, or the things they say/do, the fact that whenever I go over to my aunt’s my cousin Jessie gets so excited, I’m not quite sure. All I know is how can kids not make you happy? To prove my point, I’m adding a couple things here:
1) The week I had my surgery, my mom had her second grade students make me get well cards (mind you, this was the beginning of December). These are some of my faves… they just had me cracking up. Especially “Feel Better Son” instead of soon…
2) This article from Elephant Journal is hilarious. Advice on Love from Children. My personal favorites:
- “Be a good kisser. It might make your wife forget that you never take out the trash.” – Erin, age 8
- “On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.” – Mike, 10
- “Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I been trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me.” – Dave, age 8
And a nice little uplifting Paul Simon video (from Sesame Street). I am a dork and I love Paul Simon. So much.